Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day, I know I did. My kids woke me up with beautiful handmade cards. Ted had the most wonderful message for me that he did all in cursive. Alex wrote his all by himself 'Happy Mother's Day Love Alex'. And Brad made an incredible card for me. (No card from Sierra, she would not cooperate with Brad) We got up and Brad made breakfast while I made a picnic lunch to take to the zoo. Yes that is right we went to the zoo again! It is what I wanted to do and the kids were very happy with that plan. We saw the other side of the zoo this time. Here are a few picture.....

The kids were great for us again and Sierra did really well. We hurried home for nap time and got home just in the nick of time.

For dinner I had put a pot roast in the crock pot, so I made mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and rolls to go with it. Brad watched the kids and kept them busy for me so I could cook! It was great, I love to cook so I was in heaven. Then Brad and the kids cleaned up dinner. And we had some ice cream cake for dessert.

Alex painted cute clay pot at preschool that they put a flowering plant in. He gave it to me on Friday and the flower bloomed on Mother's Day! All the kids and Brad gave me tickets to The Celtic Women for this coming Sunday. I am so excited I can hardly wait!!! And Brad gave me a pair of gorgeous amethyst earrings to match my ring and necklace!

I had a GREAT Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

We are going on Sunday too...I can't wait!!!