Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Going to Disneyland

We have been keeping a HUGE secret from the kids!!!! We are going to DISNEYLAND!!!!! I have a video of us telling the kids minutes before we hopped in the car and drove to the airport, but I can't get it to upload. I will keep trying. In the meantime I can tell you what we did:

We have known for a really long time that we are going and I was so hard to keep the secret. It was really, really, really hard. This trip was going to be the 1st time our kids have ever been to Disneyland. So Sierra was home taking an early nap, Brad was home working/packing up the car, I was volunteering in Alex's class and Ted was on his way home from school. I told Alex he could come home early with me and we all made it home/woke up by 3:10. We sat the kids down and the couch to tell them the bad news. Ted couldn't go camping with the scouts or the birthday party that weekend, Alex was going to miss acrobatics class and art class and Sierra was going to miss preschool. Then we came them the Disneyland Hopper Passes and they started jumping up and down yelling DISNEYLAND!!!! And 10 minutes later we were in the van on the way to the airport with three very happy children and two tired parents. The kid were great on the flight as always and we got to our hotel just in time to go to bed!

No comments: