Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time to Come Home

We had to leave Las Vegas to day and come back home :( I can't believe how fast the time flew by. We had so much fun and we were able to do so many things and see so many people. Thank you Jennifer and Aarron and Grandma Gus and Grandpa Bud for opening your homes to us and letting us take it over. LOL! I know how much extra work 5 people can add. I woke up this morning and started packing while Brad watched the kids. When Jen woke up she helped me stuff all of our stuff plus all the new stuff we bought into 8 suitcases/duffell bags, plus 5 carry-ons. Yes, I know that is a lot of bags!! About that time Mom and Dad came over from the hotel. Dad was still not feeling good and went to bed. Mom was a little bit better and helped with the kids. Brad packed up the van while Jen and I made a big Sunday breakfast. Jen and Aarron followed us to the airport and rental car drop off, because my back and leg were so bad that I couldn't drive! Brad took the kids through security while I took the rental back. Then I meet up with them after I was done. We both got through security really fast and were able to let the kids run off some energy. We got on our plane and Brad gave Sierra a bottle and I go the boys ready for take-off. Sierra and Brad fell asleep about 20 minutes after take-off, Alex feel asleep about 30 minutes after take-off and Ted and I watched a movie and read. Alex, Sierra and Brad woke up about 20 minutes before we landed. The flight was nice and quite. Shari picked us up from the airport and we were home in no time. The boys are in bed now and I have unpacked all of the suitcases/duffel bags and have made huge laundry piles. Now it is time for me to go to bed.

No comments: