Tuesday, April 7, 2009

All Done and Out of Pain!!!!

So my surgery is over and I am in my room eating dinner. (I know I can't believe it either.) So my surgery started late, I didn't go back until 1:30pm. I was in recovering by 3:30pm and really awake by 4pm. I woke up and my mouth was so dry and my incision felt like it was on fire and I was nauseous but I had NO back or leg pain. I laid there and kept moving my leg just to make sure. I was so scared that I would throw up after surgery, like I always do, so the anesthesiologist gave me a lot of different nausea meds to prevent that from happening. And once I was awake my nurse had me sniff alcohol wipes, I know weird huh, but it worked great!! The nurse asked if I wanted pain meds and I told her just enough to help with the incision pain, she looked at me like I was crazy! I was in my room by 5pm and wide awake with very little pain. And I was up to go to the bathroom by 7pm, also with little to no pain!!! I am on cloud nine right now and for once it is not the drugs! I am kicking myself for not having the surgery a lot sooner. But I was really scared to have my back operated on, the complications, the surgery not working, the throwing up afterwards and the restrictions after surgery. And so far everything has been great!

No comments: